Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you daddies! I'm fairly certain there's not a whole lot of you out there in "blogger land" but I figured you need a little pat on the back today for all your hard work.
I kinda think that Dad's Day is every day, they get their dinners cooked, their laundry done, their houses cleaned, sounds like a celebration to me! But in all fairness, they need a day too.
So today I called up my dad, and before he had a chance to say, "Hi! Here's your mother." I blurted out, "HAppY FaThEr's Day!"
Man, I hope he knows I love him! He's kinda a cool guy, my dad. He's a man of few words, unless he's teaching you about something. Which I take advantage of as much as I can. He can tell you just about anything you need to know about a vehicle, (except ford's, because you're anti ford ;) he can tell you all about the fall of the Roman Empire, or the family tree of Adam. He can start at the beginning of the Book of Mormon and tell you who begot whom and what they did that was so important. But the best thing about my dad is that he never makes you feel retarded for not knowing it already. He's kind and sweet. He loves my babies, (and any others he can get his hands on) he's supported me in all my life decisions, even when one was to run away and get married to a mountain man! He's a rock, and a soft place to fall. I like him, and I hope he had a wonderful day today, he deserves it!
I've also got a dad-in-law who's pretty rockin' himself. He's been a huge support to our little family, he's funny and loving, he's tender and kind. Charlie and I have had a chance to do some hang out as of late, and I've really enjoyed the old man. He is one of the most creative people I've ever met, and can "charlie rig" just about any project he can get his hands on. He also feeds me, I LOvE that! Charlie can take a radish, cooked ham, and a fig newton and turn it into a culinary masterpiece. He makes me laugh, and I enjoy our time together. But I must admit, Charlie's greatest achievement is my Trever, and for him, I will forever be grateful to Charlie.
So here's to you the dad's in my life! I kinda think you're swell and ThAnk You for all you've done for me.

No comments: