Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh Baby...




It's begun, the aches and pains, the swollen feet, the constant lower back throbbing, the inability to find a comfortable sleeping position, the continual hunger and nagging nausea, horrific heartburn and overall lack of desire to be pleasant to ANYoNe.
It's the beginning of the end, this baby is coming, and this last month will be a battle of endurance.
As I sat today at my kitchen table looking out into the field behind our house, I felt an urgency to sit and write about the little guy I'm carrying and tell him about the last nine months we've had together. Before the next few weeks clouds my memory and paints this experience a different color.
This baby has been a joy.
It has been an honor to have him as my constant companion.
Has it been an "easy" road? no.
There has been many scary moments. Many prayers in his behalf, in our behalf. He has been the topic of many heartfelt pleads. Yet through every "bump", we have been blessed.
The first few months were difficult, a test of patients. If the past is the best predictor of the future, my body should not have kept him. With every successful pregnancy, I have paid the price of an unsuccessful one.
He was my gift.
My merciful miracle.
With every movement, every hick up, every kick, I am reminded how blessed I am.
How I was not lost amongst my Father in Heaven's children. How neither was he.
So, yes. The next few weeks will be trying, the thought of delivery daunting. But I will be thankful. I will be happy to bear this burden. I will continually be grateful I have him with me,
that our family will be blessed with another sweet spirit.
Another, would be priesthood holder.
So take your time little guy, know that you are loved and looked forward to. Grow healthy and strong. Know your mommy and daddy love you. That you have brothers, grandmas and papas, aunts and uncles, many many cousins, and dear friends who all love you. Who have prayed for you and worried about you. Who you will be blessed because of, and they will be blessed by you.
We will see you soon, kiss your sweet face, and feel and recognize your spirit and know that you are ours.

7 comments:

Laura said...

This is my favorite thing ever!He has such a good Mommy! I cannot wait for him to come so I can sqwish him!!! I love you Annie I'm so happy this sweet boy and his Mommy were not lost!!! I miss you and you are so welcome to call an be angry at me if you want I can take it....if it will help you feel better! I cannot wait to watch this little man grow he is so freaking awesome!

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

That is a cute little letter for you new one. I hope everything goes smoothly and safely for you guys. We miss you since we've left.

J6 Lewis Family said...

That was seriously so tender. Nothing like a new baby. Those times with them growing inside will always be remembered. How is everyone over there. It has been a while. We have a great family. Wish we could see them all more. Tell Tever I said hi and everyone else.

Matthew and Courtney said...

Got a little tear eyed when I read this. Not going to lie. I am so grateful to have married into such a great family, where grattitude is always there are heartfelt. I know we are all grateful for this little guy, but moreover for you!!! We miss you so, especially your little girl!!

Jessica said...

That was the sweetest little note to your little one...he will love it later. I look forward to meeting the new little guy...Good luck and let me know if I can do anything to help.

Caitlin said...

I loved this! So sweet. You have a sweet way to look at things and he is a lucky guy to have a mom like you! Can't wait to meet him.. BTW its so funny because Porter looks exactly the same.

Heather Curnutt said...

Annie, I'm so excited for you! I hope all goes well for you. You have such a way with words. I miss you!--Heather