Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksday



This year we were able to spent our Thanksday with the Porter Clan. i'm sure you all know how exited and happy this trip over the river and through the woods made this chick! i had a pretty good case of homesickness for the last couple of months, and the thought of going home made me want to start out on foot if that would get me there any sooner. please, don't get me wrong, this little town up here in the mountains is my home as well, and i will forever be grateful to that sweet hottie who stole not just my heart, but my way of living and showed me that there was more to life then a shopping mall, or better yet LAST CHANCE. i have been blessed with two homes. yet, your family is were you gain so much of your identity from. they are the ones from once you came and no matter how far you roam, or run, you can't lose the feelings of completeness, of whole, of entirety that you feel when you go home. i hope and pray that my boys feel that when they find themselves "home" from their adventures in life. i found myself basking in the similarities of my siblings and me. good and not so good... how lauren and i tilt our head to the side when we have just got done rearranging pictures on a wall. how matt and i ALWAYS have room for ice cream. eda and i twirl our hair in our fingers when we're thinking (or trying not to). dave and i are eternal optimists. thos and i are far to hard on ourselves.

these people carry with them my same baggage, my same struggles, my same strengths just in different doses. i am eternally thankful for my family. i was blessed with kind and thoughtful parents. who love me unconditionally. i am thankful.

i am so blessed with this home. i have a kind husband who is a wonderful father and a best friend. i have loving and interested in-laws who took me in and love me as their own. (sometimes better;) they are amazing people who raised their children in a home full of love. i sometimes sit and ponder all of trev's similarities. he's mother's kindness, his father's charm. he is blessed. i am thankful.

9 comments:

Morgan Lauren & Emery said...

aww shucks sister....you really need to start writting...for reals that was lovely :) YOU are lovely!

Laura said...

Seriously so sweet! I love you!

Fuentes Family said...

I loved this blog. You hit it right on the head. Where would we be without family?

The Baum Squad said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to go home. It's a funny thing, uh? I didn't know how much I loved mine until Jace mentioned Vernal, Ut. Wow. Vernal is far away. But in the spirit of Thanksday...I'm too am grateful for a working (and charming) husband. Lovely post. Well put. Maybe I can have 2 homes too?!>

Alisha-aka skeezie said...

seriously....a tear jerker. Love the pic by the way!

Angela said...

Well put Annie Lou :)

Addie Gaylord said...

i hear ya on missing home and your family, sometime we should switch off homes for a while. you stay at mine and i will take yours just so we can both get our fix.
cute picture!!

Laura said...

Did you wake up yet?
Um you are skin and bones my love! Also THANK YOU for you!
I dont know what I would do without you!!! LOVE YOU!

Caitlin said...

I seriously dont know if i could ever live away from my family. It breaks my heart that they are moving away you know. It is so true about feeling complete and being with people who are so similar to you. I loved it Annie.